Sunday, May 16, 2021

Free Palestine

 

Almost 20 years ago now,

I was 19 and in the West Bank, during the second intifada.

I saw the courage and fearlessness in the Palestinian people as a whole but in the youth especially.  A 6 year old was able to articulate their oppression, their situation and that he was fighting for freedom for himself and his people.

I was always amazed at the humility as well, because they knew I was there to support them, they would try to feed me and befriend me (which is all they could give).

I saw war being waged on them by settler-colonial israeli state first hand. Explosions,  gun fire, hundreds of tanks destroying ancient villages, curfews, check points and terror all to try to crush them and commit genocide against a people.

The Palestinian people never backed down.

That has always stayed with me, I was arrested and deported from the occupied land eventually. The Palestinian people will always have my solidarity and I will live my life to help bring down the empire that is one the main reasons their land continues to be occupied.

✊đŸœ

No comments: